Compensation Conversations with EBS: Part One
Hosted by: Christopher W. Rich, Managing Director, EBS
Joined by: Chris Rich, Managing Director, EBS
EBS hosted a quick 20-minute webinar update on the latest trends in Deferred Compensation Planning, covering three key markets:
- The deferral of equity compensation for publicly traded companies
- The incorporation of phantom equity and/or other performance features for plans sponsored by privately held companies.
- The implementation of special tax-efficient arrangements for nonprofit organizations.
This informative session provides a broad overview of these important topics. If you’re interested in a more detailed exploration of each market, stay tuned for our follow-up sessions, which will focus specifically on publicly traded companies, privately held companies, and nonprofit organizations, respectively.
Don’t miss out on this valuable opportunity to stay informed and up to date on the latest developments in deferred compensation planning. Listen now!
A look at what we discuss in this Part One of Four in our latest informative webinar series:
Current Trends in Executive Benefit Planning
In Four Markets:
- Privately-Held Businesses
- Publicly-Traded Corporations
- Non-Profit Organizations including:
• Hospitals (Executives and Physicians)
• Public Colleges and Universities (Presidents and Coaches)
• Private Foundations
• Scientific / Research Organizations
- Key Professional Incentive / Retention Program
Planning for Privately Held Companies
For Non-Shareholder Key Employees:
Examples of Phantom Equity Arrangements:
- Phantom stock:
- Performance-Based SERP or Performance Units Plans
- Profits Interest Plan for Key EEs of an LLC
Example of a Performance-Based DC SERP
P-B DC SERP – Sample Performance Criteria
Profits Interest Plan for Key EEs of an LLC Example
Current Trends in NQDC Planning
Among Publicly-Traded Corporations:
- Deferral and diversification of RSUs and PSUs:
Deferral & Diversification – Proxy Analysis
Planning for Nonprofit Organizations
Non-Profit Organizations Have Multiple Needs
However, They Face a Competitive Disadvantage
Resulting Trends in Plan Design
Compensation Renegotiation Loan Regime Split Dollar
No Perfect Solution
Key Skilled EE Retention Plan
Skilled employees receive a contribution to a deferred compensation account
Performance Review Tool
Retention Conversation Tool
Join us for our next installment: A deep dive into Executive Benefit Planning for Non-Profit Organizations – with a focus on salary reduction split dollar – June 29th.
Don’t miss out on this valuable opportunity to stay informed and up to date on the latest developments in deferred compensation planning.